North Hempstead, NY –Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman would like to invite you to a series of Property Tax Exemption workshops this fall. These informative seminars will educate residents on the STAR program, Senior Citizens, Veterans and other exemptions that could help you lower your property taxes.
The income limit for the Enhanced STAR Exemption for seniors has been increased to $81,900 (adjusted gross income, less any taxable IRA distributions), so if you weren’t previously qualified, please join us to learn more.
Receiver of Taxes Berman will also explain a new law approved by the State Legislature that implements a new registration procedure this year for the Basic STAR program. New York State is requiring that ALL property owners who currently receive the Basic STAR Exemption register with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance (www.tax.ny.gov) in order to receive the Basic STAR Exemption for the 2014-2015 school year and subsequent years. The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance will mail renewal letters to North Hempstead residents in late September 2013.
The Property Tax Exemption workshops will be:
- Tuesday, September 24 from 7pm-9pm at Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Road, Roslyn
- Wednesday, September 25 from 7pm-9pm at Port Washington Public Library, 1 Library Dr, Port Washington (Hagedorn Room)
- Thursday, September 26 from 7pm-8:30pm at East Williston Public Library, 2 Prospect Street, East Williston
- Tuesday, October 1 from 7pm-8:30pm at Westbury Memorial Public Library, 445 Jefferson Street, Westbury
- Tuesday, October 15 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm at Great Neck Public Library, 159 Bayview Avenue, Great Neck
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 7pm-9pm at Shelter Rock Library, 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013 from 7pm-8:45pm at Hillside Library, 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013 from 7pm-9pm at Williston Park Library (Upstairs Community Room) 494 Willis Avenue, Williston Park
Staff members will be on hand with applications for your convenience.