FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 5, 2017
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Sam Marksheid, and Vicki DiStefano | (516) 869-7794
Town Receiver of Taxes to Hold Property Tax Exemption Seminars
North Hempstead, NY – Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman will be holding a series of Property Tax Exemption Seminars throughout the Town over the next several months. Residents can learn about important changes to STAR (Basic and Enhanced), Senior Citizens, Veterans and other exemptions that could help lower property taxes. The income limit for the 2018-2019 Enhanced STAR Exemption for seniors is under $86,000 (based on 2016 adjusted gross income, less any taxable IRA distributions), making some previously ineligible homeowners now qualified for the exemption. Staff members will be on hand to distribute applications and answer questions.
Dates, times and locations for the Property Tax Exemption Seminars are:
• Thursday, September 14, 1-3 p.m. at Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Road, Roslyn
• Friday, September 15, 2-4 p.m. at Mineola Memorial Library, 195 Marcellus Road, Mineola
• Tuesday, September 26, 7-8:45 p.m. at Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Avenue, Manhasset
• Tuesday, October 3, 7-8:45 p.m. at Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park
• Thursday, October 5, 7-8:30 p.m., presented by the East Williston Public Library (in the upstairs meeting room), 2 Prospect Street, East Williston
• Thursday, October 19, 2017, 2-4 p.m., at Great Neck Public Library, 159 Bayview Avenue, Great Neck
• Wednesday, October 25, 7-8:30 p.m., presented by the Williston Park Public Library (in the Assembly Room of Village Hall), 494 Willis Avenue, 3rd Floor, Williston Park
• Wednesday, November 15, 7-8:45 p.m. at Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
For more information about the seminars, please contact the Town’s 311 Call Center.