FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 5, 2018
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Vicki DiStefano and Matt Leonenko | (516) 869-7794
North Hempstead to Host Fifth Annual Veterans Donation Drive
North Hempstead, NY – North Hempstead Supervisor Judi Bosworth, the Town Board, and the Veterans Advisory Committee are proud to be hosting the 5th Annual Veterans Donation Drive. Residents will have the opportunity to donate personal care items, new clothing and more at several locations throughout the Town. Items will be gathered through December 7 and will be delivered to the Northport Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center before the holidays.
“The Town thanks all of our residents and employees who have participated in our Veterans Donation Drive in the past. This year we are looking forward to continuing our tradition of donating collected items to the Northport Veterans Affairs Medical Center to assist our veterans who have served our country,” said Supervisor Judi Bosworth.
Requested items include:
• NEW clothing of all types (sizes large and up)
• NEW toiletries including: unscented body lotion, brushes and combs, deodorant, shaving cream, nail clippers, quad track razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and shampoo
• Lap blankets (approx. 36” x 42”), powdered laundry detergent, new or gently used luggage (with wheels), Forever postage stamps, phone cards, and Stop and Shop gift cards
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
• Clinton G. Martin Park, located at 1601 Marcus Avenue in New Hyde Park;
• Town Hall, located at 220 Plandome Road in Manhasset;
• Town Clerk’s Office, location at 200 Plandome Road in Manhasset
• Michael J. Tully Park Aquatic Activity Center, located at 1801 Evergreen Avenue in New Hyde Park
• Fuschillo Park located at Carle Road at Broadmoor Lane in Carle Place
Check out a NHTV special from a previous Veteran’s donation drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kilxg_tv4dY&t=2s