FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 28, 2019
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Vicki DiStefano and Matt Leonenko | (516) 869-7794
Town Partners with Health & Welfare Council of Long Island to Offer FREE Tax Preparation for Qualifying Households
North Hempstead, NY – : North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth and the Town Board in partnership with the Health & Welfare Council of Long Island (HWCLI) will be hosting 3 sessions to assist qualifying households with FREE tax preparation.
Households with an income of less than $55,000 in 2018 can qualify for free tax preparation. The Virtual VITA program utilizes technology to connect the taxpayer and tax preparer. Proper documentation is necessary for more information call 311.
Residents must make an appointment in order to participate.
Monday, March 11, 2019 at Clinton G. Martin Park (Follow up on March 20)
Clinton G. Martin Park at 1601 Marcus Avenue, New Hyde Park
Monday, March 18, 2019 at Manhasset Valley Residence (Follow up on March 25)
Manhasset Valley Residence at 155 East Shore Road, Manhasset
Monday, April 1, 2019 at Fuschillo Park (Follow up on April 8)
Charles J. Fuschillo Park at Carle Road, Carle Place
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
• *Joint returns require both filers to be present to sign the return*
• You MUST bring Social Security Cards or ITIN for all people on the tax return
• Valid Photo Identification (You and your spouse, if you are filing jointly)
• W-2 for all jobs you had in 2018
• Voided check and/or savings account number if you want direct deposit of your refund. (Optional)
• Form 1099-R or SSA if you receive a pension or Social Security
• Form 1099-G if you received unemployment benefits
• If you have educational expenses, bring the 1098-T or 1098-E form
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099– DIV or INT)
• Total paid for child care & child care providers tax ID or Social Security
• Number of child care provider
• Form 1098—Mortgage interest and property taxes
• NEW: If you purchased health insurance through the New York State of Health Marketplace, bring form 1095-A or B
We cannot prepare your taxes if you have:
• Any of the following income: rent income (Scheduled E), royalties, partnerships, trust or farm income.
• Tax returns for ministers or members of the clergy.
• Moving expenses or HSA.
• Form 4797 Sales of Business Property.
• Self-employed health insurance deductions.
• Domestic productions activities (form 8903).
• Credits from forms 2439, 8839 and 8885.
• Federal tax fuel Scheduled 4136.
• Household employment Scheduled H.
• PR income, Foreign Earned Income exemption (forms 2555/2555-EZ).
• Adoption Credit.
• Out of state returns or part-year residents of NYS.