FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 11, 2019
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng and Matthew Leonenko | (516) 869-7794
Town Tax Receiver Reminds Residents First-Half of School Taxes Due Tuesday, November 12’
North Hempstead, NY –Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman reminds residents that the last day to pay the 2019-2020 School taxes – first-half bill without a penalty is Tuesday, November 12, 2019. First-half of the 2019-2020 School Tax payments must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before November 12, 2019, to avoid penalty. Please note that the Office of the Receiver of Taxes is closed on Monday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day.
Online tax payment information is shown on the reverse side of your bill. Online payments may be made by check (ACH) or credit card at: www.northhempsteadny.gov. Credit card payments may only be made online and cannot be processed by our cashiers. Online credit card payment processing rates are 2.35% of the tax amount (fee schedule can be found on the Town’s website). When paying with an online check through your bank, please schedule the payment at least ten days prior to the deadline, and be sure to include your 2019-2020 School Tax bill number and your section, block, and lot.
When paying in person, you may pay your bill at 200 Plandome Road, Manhasset, NY 11030, during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays excepted). The Tax Office will be open until 7 p.m. on Tuesday, November 12, 2019. You may also pay at the following sites with check or money order only on the dates and times specified. Please bring your entire bill with you when paying in person.
First-Half 2019-2020 School Tax – Local Collection Sites
• Monday, October 28 at 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Port Washington Parking District, 15 Vanderventer Avenue, Port Washington
• Monday, October 28 at 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Hector Gayle Roslyn Community Center, 53 Orchard Street (Parking lot on Lincoln Avenue), Roslyn Heights
• Tuesday, October 29 at 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. – Fuschillo Park, Carle Road & Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
• Tuesday, October 29 at 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. – “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden Street, New Cassel
• Wednesday, October 30 at 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. – Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Avenue & New Hyde Park Road., New Hyde Park
• Wednesday, October 30 at 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Broadway Park, Broadway & County Courthouse Road., Garden City Park
• Thursday, October 31 at 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Great Neck Social Center, 80 Grace Avenue, Great Neck
• Thursday, October 31 – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Michael J. Tully Park, Evergreen Avenue, New Hyde Park
• Friday – November 1 – 12 p.m. –2 p.m. – John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Avenue, Albertson
To better serve our taxpayers, our e-mail payment reminder service is available. To sign up, please go to the Town website and click on “Our Government” followed by “Receiver of Taxes” and then click the “Tax Office Email Alerts” tab. A reminder will be e-mailed approximately 10 days before the last day to pay the tax without a penalty.
In addition, property owners may register online for “no cost” access to their General and School property tax information. You can log on to our website at any time to view, print, or check the payment status of your property tax bills. Additionally, for a reduced “convenience fee” property owners will also be able to pay their tax bills using American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover or by “Automatic Electronic Check.” Please note that conventional payments via the U.S. mail or an in-person payment will continue to be “without any convenience fee or charge.”
If you have any questions regarding your first-half 2019-2020 School tax payment, please call 311 or 516-869-6311.