FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 8, 2020
MEDIA CONTACTS: Rebecca Cheng, Matthew Leonenko and Michael Anderson | (516) 869-7794
Town Receiver of Taxes to Hold Property Assessment Grievance Workshops
North Hempstead, NY - Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman invites residents to attend a Property Assessment Grievance Workshop near you. Receiver of Taxes Berman will review the property assessment and grievance processes, and explain how to fill out the grievance application (on paper or online). Applications will be available on site for your convenience. If possible, please bring your Notice of Tentative Assessment for 2020-2021.
If you pay taxes on a property in Nassau County, you have the right to appeal your property’s annual assessment set by the Nassau County Department of Assessment on January 2, 2020 (Taxable Status Date). You do not need to use an attorney to file a grievance; property owners may file on their own. The Application for Correction of Property Tax Assessment should be submitted to the Nassau County Assessment Review Commission only during the filing period January 2 – March 2, 2020.
Workshops will be co-sponsored by the Town Board member in their respective council district. Dates, times and locations for the Property Assessment Grievance Workshops are:
• Thursday, January 23, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. – Williston Park Public Library (Village Hall Assembly Room, 3rd Floor) at 494 Willis Avenue, Williston Park, NY 11596
• Thursday, January 28, 2020 – 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Ahavat Shalom Synagogue at
130 Cutter Mill Road, Great Neck, NY 11021
• Wednesday, January 29, 2020 – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Shelter Rock Public Library at
165 Searingtown Road, Albertson, NY 11507
• Tuesday, February 4, 2020 – 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Westbury Memorial Public Library at
445 Jefferson Street, Westbury, NY 11590
• Wednesday, February 5 at 2020 – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Great Neck House at 14 Arrandale Ave. Great Neck, NY (Co-Sponsored by Supervisor Judi Bosworth, Town Council Member Veronica Lurvey and the Great Neck Chinese Association)
• Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 6:45 p.m. to 8:45 pm – Hillside Public Library at 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
• Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Hillside Public Library at 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman speaks with residents at a property assessment grievance workshop.