For Immediate Release April 20, 2010
Town of North Hempstead School Tax Due
North Hempstead, NY—North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman announced that all 2009-2010 Second Half School Tax reminders have been mailed, and reiterates that the last day to pay the Town of North Hempstead 2010 school tax without penalty is Monday, May 10th 2010.
To avoid a penalty, taxpayers must have payments postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before May 10th. The Receiver of Taxes recommends that taxpayers mailing payments on the last day have their payments hand-stamped at the post office to insure a timely postmark.
Payments can be made in person at the Receiver of Taxes’ office at 200 Plandome Road (Town Hall Annex), Manhasset. The office is open Monday through Friday 9:00am – 4:45pm. Additionally, payments may also be made in person with a check or money order at the following locations:
- Monday, May. 3rd, noon to 2:00pm, John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Ave., Albertson
- Tuesday, May 4th, 12:00pm-2:00pm, Fuschillo Park, Carle Rd. & Broadmoor Lane., Carle Place
- Wednesday. May 5th, 10:00am-1:00pm, Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Ave. & New Hyde Park Rd., New Hyde Park
- Thursday, May 6th, 10:00am-1:00pm, Clinton G. Martin Park., Marcus Ave. & New Hyde Park Rd., New Hyde Park
- Thursday, May 6th, 2:00pm-3:00pm, Broadway Park, Broadway & County Courthouse Road., Garden City Park
- Friday, May 7th, 11:00am-12:00pm, Great Neck Senior Center, Inc., 80 Grace Ave., Great Neck
- Friday, May 7th, 1:00pm-3:00pm, Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Ave. & New Hyde Park Rd., New Hyde Park (Please note Tully Park is temporarily closed for renovation)
The tax office will open late, from 9:00am to 7:00pm, on Monday, May 10th, 2010, to accommodate payments on the last day to pay the school taxes without incurring a penalty.
The Receiver of Taxes also reminds tax payers that a special email payment reminder service is available to all residents through his office. To sign up, please go to the town’s website (www.northhempsteadny.gov) and click on the “Sign Up for E-News” section on the right hand side of the website, then follow directions for tax payment alerts. Reminders are emailed at the beginning of all tax collection periods and approximately 10 days before the last day to pay the tax without a penalty.
Taxpayers may visit the Town’s website at www.northhempsteadny.gov or call 311 for more information