Home > News
North Hempstead Receiver Charles Berman Recommends Third-Party Notificaiton Program For Seniors


For Immediate Release                                                                              Media Contacts: Collin Nash, Sid Nathan, and Jason Elan
June 29, 2011                                                                                                                                                           (516) 869-7794

North Hempstead Receiver Charles Berman Recommends Third-Party Notificaiton Program For Seniors

North Hempstead, NYNorth Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman recently announced the availability of the Third Party Notification Program, an initiative which enables senior citizens, 65 years of age or older, to select a friend or relative to receive copies of their tax bills in the event a payment has been overlooked for whatever reason.

“Third Party Notification can give peace of mind to seniors who may spend time away from home or who may need assistance with their personal finances,” Berman said. “I urge North Hempstead seniors to enroll in this innovative and convenient program.”

Third-Party Notification applications can be obtained on the Receiver of Taxes webpage at www.northhempsteadny.gov/tax by accessing the “Forms” section or by calling the Town’s “311” call center. Completed forms should be mailed to the office of the Receiver of Taxes.

Under the program, the Receiver of Taxes will notify a designated third party when the subject of the Third Party Notification is issued a late notice due to an unpaid tax bill. It’s the latest in a string of innovative efforts introduced by Receiver Berman to help North Hempstead seniors.

Last year, Berman linked the Tax Office on-line with the Town’s “311” Call Center, enabling taxpayers to receive prompt answers to their tax questions. The Tax Office also accepts online credit card and check (ACH) payments, as well as payments at community tax collection sites, making it easier for taxpayers to reach their local government directly.

For more information, please call 311.
View Archives