For Immediate Release Media Contacts: Collin Nash, Sid Nathan, and Jason Elan
Supervisor Jon Kaiman Annoucnes Funday Monday at North Hempstead Beach Park
July 7, 2011 (516) 869-7794
North Hempstead Announces 2011 Schedule for Popular Senior Program
Port Washington, NY—Supervisor Jon Kaiman and the North Hempstead Town Board today announced the 2011 schedule for the ultra-popular free senior program, FunDay Monday, held at North Hempstead Beach Park. Drawing hundreds of seniors every Monday from 10:00am to 2:00pm, FunDay Monday offers live music, entertainment, dancing, card-playing, and a chance to renew old acquaintances-- all while enjoying the sights and sounds of the Town beach. Parking is free for seniors during the program and rain dates are held on Thursdays of the same week.
“FunDay Monday is a great opportunity for our seniors to enjoy a relaxing day at North Hempstead Beach Park,” said Supervisor Jon Kaiman. “We have arranged fun-filled activities every Monday as well as free bus transportation. Seniors can simply call 311 for the bus schedule and for more details on the program.”
North Hempstead’s Department of Community Services released the following schedule for all FunDay Monday Events:
- July 11th is, “Beach Party” at FunDay Monday. Our Elected Officials are happy to welcome seniors back for an exciting summer at the beach!
- July 18th is, “Sock Hop” day. You don’t need “Blue Suede Shoes” to “Be-Bop-A-Lula” with us. Just put on your poodle skirt, polish up your penny loafers and come “Rock Around the Clock” with the Vic Vincent Group.
- July 25th is “Hawaiian Luau” day. Let Dance Aloha’s spectacular show take you to the tropical isles of the South Pacific.
- August 1st is “Viva Las Vegas”, FunDay Monday style! You can bet on an exciting and entertaining afternoon with Steve Mitchell as the one and only “Elvis!”
- August 8th is “August Winter Wonderland Extravaganza”. “Button Up Your Overcoat” and don’t worry about catching Rockin' Pneumonia or the Boogie Woogie Flu at the Annual Health Education Fair.
- August 15th is “Mardi Gras” FunDay. Grab your beads. Get on your feet. Bourbon Street is where we’ll meet!
- August 22nd is “Pirate Day”. Ahoy Mateys! Come sail the uncharted waters of the great Gold Coast, but keep an out for those pesky pirates.
- August 29th is “Hometown USA Family Day”. Wear your Red, White and Blue for a celebration of American traditions, with a special Salute to the Armed Forces.
Please call 311 for more information on FunDay Monday 2011.